Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I just LOVE Sarah Palin!

The Setting: Saturday morning, overheard in radio interviews of passers-by.

Interviewer: "Has Gov. Sarah Palin being involved in the presidential election influenced how you are going to vote?"
Black Woman: "Nope."
Black Man: "Hell no."
Young Person: "No, 'cause I wasn't gonna vote anyway."
White Man: Not really. "Although she is nice to look at, she doesn't really change anything. She is cute, though."
White Woman (current John McCain supporter): "I was going to vote for McCain anyway, but this makes it even better!"
White Woman (former Hillary Clinton supporter): "I was going to vote for McCain anyway, but this makes it even better! No, I’m not really sure what makes her qualified, but she is like me. I have children, and I'm a soccer mom, which is VERY similar to a hockey mom. Plus, I wear lipstick, too! It's perfect! I have so much respect for her! I just couldn’t bring myself to vote for Obama. I can't put my finger on it, there's just something about him. Oh no, it's not because he’s black. I'm not prejudiced or anything. Some of my best friends… well, my neighbor's nanny is black. And I let her come over to our cook-out a couple weekends ago. So she could watch the kids. Anyway, I heard Obama was Muslim and I just can't support that. I just LOVE Sarah Palin! I feel like I've been knowing her forever!"

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I am going to vote for McCain because he WAS so cute back in the 60s AND he is a war hero. I think that war heroes and cute guys make very good leaders; that is why I never listen to anybody unless they are heroes or cute (at least, when they were younger). Palin is not really cute, but more mommy-like. At most, she is a MILF, but not a MILF for me...she's not that MILFy. But, since a once-cute hero has chosen her as his wife-in-presidency, I like her, because I like cute heroes and they know all.