Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Can't Fuggetaboutit

The Setting: If I'm lucky, sometime tomorrow I will be buying an apartment building and a grenade launcher. One to generate income and one to destroy my enemies. MwaaHaHaHaHa!! Meet my latest addiction: Mob Wars.

I play it as an app through Facebook, although there is a standalone online version. A friend of mine convinced me to sign up and join her mob, and then I invited another friend to join. I really should not have started playing when I had a couple of days to kill while on Thanksgiving vacation. The more time I spent playing, the more strategy I learned, so the more I wanted to play. It's like crack, I tell ya.

Like a typical mob, the point is to acquire money and power by obtaining weapons and cars, committing crimes (jobs), buying property, and increasing your mob size. You can even keep your money in the bank after paying their 10% laundering fee. You can also attack rival mobs and try to steal their money. I was not at all interested in doing that. I was just going to lay low, try not to draw any attention to myself, and let my properties generate income.

Then someone attacked me. Actually, a few people attacked me and a couple got some of my money. OK, it was only like 12 virtual dollars, but it was MY 12 virtual dollars. It was so ON after that. I sought my revenge, attacking rival gangs with a passion, slowed only by my depleting health points. Once, I got lucky and stole $43K dollars from someone. MwaaHaHaHaHa, part II.

Anyway, I only need another $30K or so to go shopping tomorrow. I love the smell of grenade launcher smoke in the morning. Smells like... well, grenade launcher smoke.

No comments: