Sunday, November 30, 2008

B&N Kicks Major Ass

The Setting: There is a new Barnes and Noble bookstore near my house, one of those large, two-story versions.

I've decided that when I'm ready to retire or if (when?) I'm forced into early retirement, I am going to get a job at that store. I know I won't make much money but I love me some books. Plus, there's a CD/DVD department and a Starbucks. That's right - I love me some music and some coffee, too.

I went to B&N a few days ago and I ended up getting this book called The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose, which I read for about an hour while I was still in the store. It's good so far, but I haven't read any more of it because I wanted to finish this other book called The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. I finished it this morning and it was alright - pretty standard Dean Koontz stuff.

I also have another book called Walt Disney World & Orlando for Dummies. I'm not exactly reading it from cover to cover. It's really just a reference for the trip I'd like to take one of these days. I like the Dummies books; they really appeal to my analytical need to plan out everything.

In related news, I guess I haven't been paying that much attention to the B&N web site. They actually have a tag cloud at the bottom of their home page, which I thought was cool for some reason. I guess I'm easily amused.
Photo courtesy of www.BN.com.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ok I give. I don't see a " Tag cloud" Is that some new fangled web 2.0 thang I've missed?