Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Five of My Pet Peeves, part II

The Setting: I told you there would be more. Here are five more things that get on my nerves. Wah!

Glitter - I hate any and all glitter. It is so unnecessary and it gets everywhere. Once, I was explaining to a friend of mine that I don't like glitter as I was holding a greeting card that was covered in it. She looked at me and said, "You have some glitter stuck to your forehead." My point, exactly! Now, my friends who know I don't like glitter and I try to torment each other by giving each other Christmas cards covered with as much glitter as possible. MwaHaHaHa! Merry Christmas!

Sports cars that drive 10 mph below the speed limit - I guess it's actually the drivers of the cars who are going 10 mph below the speed limit. Anyway, around here, people go 10 mph above the speed limit like it's a requirement or something. If I see another Corvette going 53 on the freeway... Why did you buy that speed machine if you're not going to at least go the speed limit? I know, I know - the cops are watching you. Whatever...

Pens with blue ink - They remind me of being in elementary school. I just think that black ink is more professional, more formal or something. Blue ink reminds me of practicing writing the alphabet on wide-ruled paper just before going out to recess. And I want absolutely no reminders of that hell known as childhood.

People who tailgate: And every time you slow down or come to a stop, they almost run into the back of your car. Like every single time, it's a surprise to them that traffic is stopping. Like all the brake lights in the other two lanes and my brake lights in front of them are somehow not enough of a hint that we're stopping now. Would you like to just come ride with me? Maybe then you'll get there a whole two seconds sooner. Hmm, maybe driving 10 mph below the speed limit is not so bad after all...

People with no sense of humor - Yes, they actually exist and I know a few of them. I have secretly studied them. My findings: they suck.

No comments: