Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Get the Torches! I'll Grab the Pitchforks!

The Setting: Illinois Governor, Rod Blagojevich, was arrested Tuesday on federal conspiracy charges for allegedly (Ha!) attempting to sell the senate seat that will replace President-elect Obama’s vacated spot.

They apparently have Blagojevich on tape pressuring candidates for campaign contributions and other benefits. The powers that be feel it would now be unacceptable for Blagojevich to choose Obama's successor. Many are calling for his resignation, while the Illinois legislature could also vote to impeach him.

Here is my limerick celebrating this momentous event. I know, I know - I should be the US poet laureate.

Once twas a man named Blagojevich
Whose quest for power soon had a glitch
Promised contributions
Soon, his prosecution
Barack said, “The hell you thinkin’, bitch?”

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'll expect a reading at work on Monday... I'll be paying particular attention to how one would prounounce "Blagojevich"
:)